- This event has passed.
Women’s March 2019
March 2 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us on March 2nd in Annapolis for the third Annual Women’s Unity March, and help celebrate March on Maryland’s third anniversary. As we stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families – recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country. The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us – women, immigrants of all statuses, those with diverse religious faiths particularly in the Muslim and Jewish communities, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native and Indigenous people, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, the economically impoverished and survivors of sexual assault. We are confronted with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and international concern and fear. In the spirit of democracy and honoring the champions of human rights, dignity, and justice who have come before us, we join in diversity to show our presence in numbers is too great to ignore. We call on all defenders of human rights to join us.
The Women’s March will send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world, that women’s rights are human rights. We stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us.
This is an INCLUSIVE march, and EVERYONE who supports the march’s goals are welcome to join this peaceful gathering!
* We are non-partisan, and will not use the Women’s March primarily to criticize politicians or political parties.
* We will use not violence (physical or verbal) towards any person.
* We will not destroy or damage property.
* We will promote a tone of respect, honesty, transparency, and accountability in our actions.
* We will not carry anything that can be construed as a weapon, nor possess (or consume) any alcohol or drugs.
* We will all hold each other accountable to respecting these agreements.