- This event has passed.
March for Science
April 22, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
We had a fantastic March for Science! Thank you to all who came out in the rainy weather to join us to send the message that we need evidence-based policies and practices, and we need funding for research and crucial programs. Science must be respected for the health of our families and our resources, especially the Chesapeake Bay. Our wonderful speakers were:
1) Diana Muller, MS, Teacher, Former Riverkeeper
2) Thornell T. Jones, MS, Physicist
3) Mary Dadone, Ph.D., Regulatory Affairs Professional
4) Rob Savidge, Environmental Scientist
5) Kurt Riegel, Ph.D., Astrophysicist and Environmental Scientist, Adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins in Environmental Compliance Management.
6) Gwen DuBois, MD, MPH, President of Chesapeake Physicians for Social Responsibility
7) Gerald Winegrad, JD, former Senator and Graduate School Professor of Environmental Policy
About the March for Science:
The March for Science champions robustly funded and publicly communicated science as a pillar of human freedom and prosperity.
We unite as a diverse, nonpartisan group to call for science that upholds the common good and for political leaders and policy makers to enact evidence based policies in the public interest.